Millions of men know first-hand what prostatitis is. At the end of treatment, doctors strongly recommend that they become familiar with methods to prevent recurrence of prostate involvement. Outstanding among these is the prevention of prostatitis. It can be helpful for men who have not yet encountered similar problems.
Primary and secondary prevention
There are several forms of prevention:
- Primary. Its main purpose is to prevent the development of an inflammatory process in the prostate. Such prevention is needed for all men after 30 years;
- Secondary. It is intended for those who have already suffered from prostatitis. The purpose of this prophylaxis is to prevent the gland from regenerating and to reduce the risk of the disease becoming a chronic form.
Prevention of prostatitis in men at home consists of a number of measures that significantly improve a person’s quality of life and protect against prostatitis.
Everyone, regardless of their health, should lead a proper lifestyle. It is this preventive measure that avoids the plethora of diseases. Prostatitis is no exception.
Most men suffer from prostatitis due to a sedentary lifestyle. Prolonged sitting or lying position leads to stagnant processes in the pelvic organs. And these are ideal conditions for the development of prostatitis.
To avoid pathology, active sports should be practiced, swimming, taking time to walk in the fresh air. No less useful is gymnastics, for which you definitely need to assign a place in your daily routine.
Normalization of diet
What a person eats strongly influences the work of the internal organs and systems of his body. Leading nutritionists share with everyone the secrets of how to avoid prostatitis with a well-designed diet. Diet is always an integral part of the treatment of patients with prostatitis. It will also be useful for healthy men who do not want to face such an unpleasant diagnosis in the future.
Adherence to a certain diet culture will help prevent the development of prostatitis:
- Meals should be taken at designated locations. It is highly undesirable to eat on the go;
- Care must be taken to ensure that the cutlery is clean;
- You should eat at least 3 times a day. There should be no breaks of up to 4 hours between meals. If a person does not have the opportunity for a normal snack between breakfast and lunch, or lunch and dinner, at least drink a cup of tea;
- Snacks should be canceled in the late evening and evening hours. This option is only allowed if the person is working a night shift.
Men should opt for foods made from natural products. It is highly undesirable to include too fatty, fried, smoked products in your diet. The monotone menu is also banned. Harmful foods should be replaced with healthy foods that do not contain preservatives and colors.
Proper nutrition saves you not only from inflammation of the prostate, but also from many other diseases.
A man’s daily diet that cares about his own health should be fortified with fruits, vegetables, meat and fish products, and dairy products.
In order not to have health problems, you need to give up alcohol. Its presence in the diet is allowed only in minimal amounts.
The most important way to prevent prostatitis is to call a gland massage. Such procedures are permissible for men who have already experienced an exacerbated form of the disease. Thanks to the therapeutic massage, the necessary fluid outflow is created, which has accumulated in the acini due to the inflammatory process.
Doctors usually recommend finger prostate massage for men. It copes well with venous congestion in the problem area and improves blood circulation. In order for the prostate to function normally, you need to take a full prophylactic course that includes about 8-10 sessions.
Protection against body infection
The goal of preventing prostatitis at home is to protect the body from infections. This is because prostatitis is in most cases provoked by pathogens of the urogenital system. If a man is already infected, he or she should start treating the focus of the infection immediately to prevent it from spreading.
Intestinal diseases can lead to infection. This class of gastrointestinal tract should be monitored with special care. It is necessary to prevent the appearance of constipation or diarrhea, as such stool disorders weaken local immunity. Avoid the appearance of cracks in the anus and hemorrhoids.
It is not just intestinal problems that can lead to infection of the gland. Urinary tract diseases are no less dangerous. Emptying the bladder in time and preventing overfilling will help avoid them.
If the bladder is full for a long time, it leads to infection of the pelvic organs.
Prevention of prostatitis affects a man’s intimate life. Sexually transmitted diseases increase the likelihood of infection of the gland. Therefore, avoid sexual contact with unknown partners. It is also advisable to avoid sexual abstinence. However, too frequent intercourse is also unacceptable.
Gymnastics and practice
Exercise to prevent prostatitis gives good results. Daily morning exercises are good for everyone. It is not necessary to take tablets to prevent problems with the pelvic organs. It is enough to do a special series of exercises regularly. Includes:
- The rotation of the pool in different directions;
- Lifting and rotating the legs while lying down;
Such gymnastics helps to improve blood circulation in the pool area. It helps reduce the risk of edema in the problem area and stagnant processes.
What other exercises should be used to prevent prostatitis in daily gymnastics, the doctor will tell you.
It is better to ask your doctor for a specific list of exercises.
According to your doctor’s instructions, men can take medications to prevent prostatitis. They have the following effects:
- Prevents the emergence of stagnant processes;
- Reduce the risk of infection
- Normalizes blood circulation;
- Improves hormone levels;
- Restoration of metabolic processes.
Preventive drugs are presented in various dosage forms.
Such devices are no less useful in preventing prostatitis than dietary supplements.
Medications and dietary supplements have contraindications and side effects. Therefore, you should not start taking them without first consulting your doctor.
Prevention of prostatitis with folk remedies is still very popular among men. They allow the exchange of tablets and other drugs that do not always differ in their natural composition. For faster recovery and to avoid re-infection of the prostate with infections in the future, proven remedies will help:
- Pumpkin seeds. Raw seeds, which need to be chewed in small amounts every day, help restore gland health;
- Onion tincture. It is made from onions, which are poured with 300 ml of boiling water. The product should be infused over approximately 2. 5 hours. 40 ml 3 times a day after ingestion;
- Herbal tincture. A popular medicine that many men love is made from collecting basil flowers, horseradish and walnut leaves. The main ingredients are mixed together in a ratio of 1: 4: 1. The mixture is then poured into 500 ml of red wine. It should be infused during the day. It is recommended to take 60 ml of wine tincture three times a day;
- Tincture with honey and onions. Another useful drug that helps protect the prostate and other urogenital organs from inflammation. It is made from 180 g of honey and 500 g of onions. The resulting mixture is poured into 1 liter of dry white wine. The medicine should be infused over about 8-10 days. 60 ml before meals;
- Chestnut broth. The recipe requires 5 tablespoons. l. shredded bark of this tree. Pour 1 liter of hot water and evaporate in a water bath until 300-350 ml remain in the tank. It is recommended to drink 35 drops of the finished medicine before sitting at the dining table;
- Alcohol suppositories to prevent prostatitis with propolis. Be sure to talk to your doctor before taking this medicine. To make such candles, 100 ml of alcohol and 20 propolis must be mixed. To each 50 mg of the mixture add 10 g of cocoa butter. From the resulting mass, small candles are formed, which must be placed in the anus at night for a month;
- Honey candles. Such a drug can be prepared at home from 6 tablespoons. l. rye bread (pulp) or flour, 2 tsp. honey and 2 eggs. Candles are made from these ingredients. They are placed rectally twice a day for a month;
- Herbal tincture for enema. There are many recipes for making such a product. One of the most effective is the infusion of marigold, chamomile, arnica, celandine and plantain. The plants are mixed in a ratio of 4: 4: 2: 1: 30. Pour the herb mixture into 500 ml of boiling water and leave for at least 45 minutes. Do not give an enema too often as this can lead to intestinal problems.
It is up to the person to decide whether there is a risk of prostatitis or not to worry about it. It should be recalled that a perfectly healthy person can also face such an unpleasant diagnosis if he neglects a healthy diet and a proper lifestyle.