Question: "How to treat prostatitis at home? " is relevant for many men. Prostatitis is a fairly common disease that is difficult to avoid. The problem of treating prostatitis is especially urgent for men of mature age, for whom home conditions are a permanent habitat. This is important because a man's mature age is not only a time for summation, but also for age-related diseases. Since then, the methods of treating prostatitis at home are current. In this article, we will tell you in detail how to cure prostatitis at home.
Prostatitis is an inflammatory disease that affects the prostate (prostate) - the excretory male reproductive organ. The anamnesis of the disease indicates an acute and chronic course. In the case of acute prostatitis, doctors understand the disease first detected in the patient, in the case of chronic - the relapse of the disease. The concept of "acute prostatitis" should not be confused with "aggravation of prostatitis", which means acute symptoms in the chronic course of the disease. The disease has three forms:
- stagnant. This form of the disease is the most common. The stagnant form of the disease occurs due to blood circulation problems in the pelvis. Stagnant blood is the source of pathological changes in the tissues of the prostate. The cause of the appearance is hypodynamia, overweight, unhealthy lifestyle, sitting in one place for a long time. How to get rid of congestive prostatitis at home, we will tell you further.
- Infectious. The prostate can be affected by infection - viral, bacterial, fungal, protozoan. How can prostatitis caused by pathogens be cured? This form of the disease can also be treated at home. Patients with chronic prostatitis should only undergo a medical examination when the disease worsens or if there is a risk of the infection spreading. The infectious form of the disease can recur - a case where a disease that has already been cured can reappear. Recurrent infections are especially dangerous because they are drug-resistant—the drugs no longer work for them. The presence of resistant forms of the infection greatly complicates the treatment process.
- Atypical. If the patient's prostate gland is not inflamed, there are no obvious symptoms of the course of the disease, this form of the disease is called "atypical" (atypical, atopic, asymptomatic). Atypical prostatitis refers to the development of benign and malignant tumors in the tissues of the prostate. Atypical diseases of the prostate can be cured, but prostatitis caused by oncological phenomena is difficult to treat.
How effective can the home treatment of a disease like prostatitis be? Treatment of prostatitis at home is real, but with certain reservations: a) the treatment process must be supervised by a specialist; b) all the recommendations of the attending physician must be strictly followed; c) the disease must be taken seriously, it must not be ignored.
About the prostate gland and symptoms of inflammation of this organ
In order to understand the characteristics of the symptoms of the disease, you need to know what the prostate is and what its functional purpose is - this will help you properly organize a quick and effective treatment of prostatitis at home. The prostate performs many biological functions. Let's name the most important of them:
- To make a secret. Sperm, in the form produced by the testicles, is a very thick substrate, and it is very difficult to pass through the ureter without prostatic secretion. The prostate secretion dilutes the sperm, turning it into a liquid ejaculate, allowing the process of ejaculation. The secret has an additional task - the activation of sperm. In undiluted semen, the sperm are in a "sleepy" state, a kind of suspended animation - this is necessary to prolong the life cycle of the germ cells. The secret of the prostate is a "tonic" that stops the sleep of the sperm. It also contains nutrients that help germ cells survive periods of hyperactivity. The secret enters the ureter through channels communicating with the urethra. Violation of the secretory function of the prostate leads to many sexual pathologies - testicular inflammation, male infertility, mental imbalance.
- Synthesis of dihydrotestosterone. In the prostate parenchyma, testosterone, the male sex hormone, can be transformed into its active form, dihydrotestosterone. Testosterone itself is an inactive substance that the body uses to synthesize fats. In its active form, testosterone influences many biochemical processes in the body. For example, he is responsible for the mental accompaniment of sexual desire - the emotions and physiological phenomena that arise in a man at the sight of a sexual object are the result of the effect of dihydrotestosterone on the body. If seeing a beautiful girl hurts your chest, makes a noise in your ears, your thoughts are confused - it's all dihydrotestosterone. Another active form of testosterone is responsible for the biological mechanism of erection - the increase in penis volume. During prostatitis, the synthesis of dihydrotestosterone is interrupted, which causes impotence.
- Urination. The prostate plays an important role in providing the mechanism of urination. To understand the characteristics of the role, you need to clearly understand the location of the body. The gland is located below the bladder, hugging the ureter in the mouth. If you hug the little finger of one hand with the other hand at the base, it will be very similar: the bent little finger will become the prostate, the straight one will become the ureter, and the palm will become the prostate. bladder. The gland is located behind the ureter, at the back. The muscular capsule of the organ allows compression of the ureter at the base, thus regulating the process of urination. Inflammation of the prostate increases the volume of the organ, which negatively affects the patency of the urethra. Therefore, the main symptom of prostatitis is urination problems.
About the dangerous consequences of prostatitis
The seriousness of the disease and the topic of the article - effective treatment of prostatitis at home - require attention to the consequences of premature, careless treatment.
A frivolous attitude to the treatment of prostate at home is a common phenomenon. The reason for this is the mental characteristics of the category of patients who most often suffer from prostatitis - men over 50 years of age who prefer to live at home. Chronic congestive prostatitis does not cause significant discomfort. A rare, sporadic pain in the buttocks is not enough reason to force a man to start treatment. First aid for prostatitis is a serious approach to the disease.
The development of the inflammatory process in the tissues of the prostate is fraught not only with future aggravation, but also with the occurrence of oncological phenomena. Prostate cancer is one of the most common cancers of the 21st century. The prostate must be treated in time, the prostate must be healthy.
Attention! Benign tumors of the prostate tissue are called "adenomas", and malignant tumors are called "carcinomas".
Proven home remedies for prostatitis
Home prostate therapy is based on long-established, proven treatments. These include the organization of proper nutrition using healthy products and the most mobile lifestyle. You can achieve a positive effect with the simple tools listed.
Organizing a healthy diet
Home treatment of any form of prostatitis involves a certain diet, a diet that must be followed. During the disease, the diet is regulated by regulations that are not directly related to the selection of products, but they mean a lot in the treatment of the disease:
- Method of cooking. The food must be boiled, steamed, steamed. Smoked, salted, fried foods are harmful to the body - they contain toxins and carcinogens that adversely affect the health of the prostate.
- Hygiene. It is very important to wash hands before eating, to rinse food before cooking, especially if the patient suffers from an infectious form of the disease.
- Eating method. It is necessary to eat at a strictly defined time - if you accustom the body to a certain diet, this can lead to the general improvement of the body. Important condition: 4 meals (minimum - 3, maximum - 6); the interval between meals is within 3-4 hours; the last meal is no later than 6-7 p. m.
With the help of the diet, many diseases are treated, not only prostatitis. A well-organized diet and feasible physical activity are more helpful in prostate therapy at home than drug treatment. Freed from toxins and carcinogens, the body fights the disease better, and the healing process is accelerated.
Unhealthy foods should be avoided from the diet
There are certain foods that lead to a significant deterioration in prostate health:
- Alcohol. All alcoholic drinks damage the prostate! The leader among them is beer. The idea that beer is good for health is partially true if it is a rarely consumed natural product, and completely false if it is a synthetic, reconstituted product. The opinion of experts on the possible benefits of synthetic beer is clear - it is harmful to the human body.
- Harmful food additives. Synthetic preservatives with the "E" index - E250, E240 - are the most dangerous. You can find out about the presence of preservatives in food from the information on the product packaging.
- Sugar and salt. It is generally recommended to remove sugar and sweets from the diet. Instead, you can use sweet fruits, natural honey and other fructose-based diet foods. Salt intake should be minimized. Soups can be salted, but pickles, sausages, smoked and dried fish must not be eaten.
- They are legumes. Not all legumes are equally harmful during prostatitis - chickpeas, peas, and beans should not be excluded from the diet. They help to improve bowel movements and provide protein for the synthesis of albumin in the body. However, legumes such as soybeans and beans, which contain large amounts of phytoestrogens, can be dangerous for men's health - they reduce potency and cause obesity. The consumption of legumes is strictly individual.
Useful foods in the diet of patients with prostatitis
The list of healthy and healthy foods for prostatitis is quite extensive, so we focus only on those products whose benefits are most significant during the disease:
- Dairy product. Milk and its products contain calcium, which helps the body overcome stagnant processes - it removes toxins from cells, improves tissue regeneration, and reduces inflammation. Milk contains an easily digestible protein, which is necessary for the synthesis of albumins.
- Sea fish. It contains polyunsaturated fatty acids Omega-3, Omega-6, Omega-9, which help to get rid of excess weight and improve the synthesis of dihydrotestosterone.
- Table greens - parsley, garlic, onion, celery, dill. Since ancient times, people have used these tools to treat male ailments. Greens contain a lot of flavonoids - biologically active substances that prevent the development of inflammation and oncological phenomena. Parsley and garlic are highlighted in the table green list presented. Parsley is a well-known remedy for prostatitis, the decoction of this plant relieves most of the symptoms of the disease - pain, inflammation, difficulty urinating, impotence. Home treatment of prostatitis with garlic is a long-standing example of folk therapy. Garlic contains a record amount of zinc - a trace element that promotes the formation of dihydrotestosterone, which means that garlic treats impotence and relieves inflammation well.
How can prostatitis be treated at home without the usual tools of traditional and academic medicine - infusions, decoctions, drugs? There is only one answer: an active lifestyle! Physical work, daily mobility, gymnastics will be the tool that perfectly helps with the disease. Physical activity is the best therapy for congestive prostatitis. We have previously written about how sitting in one place for a long time contributes to the development and worsening of this form of the disease, and an active lifestyle eliminates the negative effects of physical inactivity. Sports activity improves blood circulation and physical fitness, and enables weight loss.
On the Internet, you can find qualified reviews of people who were able to cure prostatitis with the power of a single active lifestyle.
Attention! You need to be careful when implementing the lifestyle activation recommendations. Do not do gymnastics and do not engage in heavy physical work if there are contraindications to these activities.
Characteristics of home drug therapy for prostatitis
Drug treatment of prostatitis is a responsible event, you should not do it yourself. Pharmacological treatment of prostatitis at home is possible only on the recommendation of the attending physician. However, it is important to learn about the medical treatment of prostatitis. Such knowledge can be useful.
- Pain is a symptom. Prostatitis during exacerbation is very painful, so you need to know how to relieve an attack of prostatitis. Anticonvulsant drugs are suitable for this. Such drugs have a quick effect, unlike pain relievers. Pain can also be relieved by taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Easy urination. Urinary problems are treated with diuretics.
- Fighting the inflammatory process. NSAIDs are designed to fight inflammation, but should be taken with caution. Calcium products provide good support to the body. You need to drink a lot of water - the norm for men weighing 75-90 kg is 1. 5-2 liters per day. You must drink clean water - tea, compote, jelly, fruit juices, carbonated drinks are not included in this amount. If the inflammation is caused by an infection, you must take appropriate medication.
- Improving immunity. A well-functioning immune system is the body's norm. In order to improve the functioning of the protective systems, it is important to regularly take vitamins (groups C, A, E, B) and multivitamins.
You need to understand that a truly effective result is possible only if you combine all available methods of home treatment of prostatitis - diet, gymnastics, taking medicines. Comprehensive treatment significantly increases the man's chances of recovery.